Monday, December 10, 2007

IT'S JUST AROUND THE CORNER

It's almost unbelievable but it's true, Christmas is just around the corner and so is the New Year - 2008! We are now in to the 'last lap' so to speak, of the year 2007 and we can only wonder at 'what it could have been' had it not been for the coup! and I'm of course talking from the perspective of an employee in the Tourism Industry. So many things were supposed to have happened this year in terms of Tourism and we can only now look back with one 'tamani big VAKAISAISA' and hope that the New Year will be better.
Personally, I will always look back at this year as one the darkest in my life after the loss of my younger brother. I had never really felt so bad and so let down even after the passing away of my parents. My thinking was my parents had played their part and fulfilled their duties in our upbringing and it was up to us to carry on with their legacy while on the other hand, I felt that my brother still had so much to contribute to our family, his job and to the Nation as a whole!
I'm so thankful that I have a wonderful wife, family and friends who have all assisted and supported me during my darkest hours. I shall be forever grateful to all of you TCO's Club Members!!!.
I know that we started the year 2007 with so much enthusiasm and I know the coup really affected our plans. I think we should once again put our heads together, take stock of the past and strive to do better in 2008!
It's never too early to do this, but I'm wishing all of you, my friends the TCO's Club Members and your families; A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR! See you all on the 22nd???

No comments: